KIDNEY FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN
NO? Not surprising ! Even a doctor cannot.
- Kidney Problems are not uncommon in children
- One in 100 babies has a kidney problem present from birth.
- Diagnosis is often late because the Kidney suffers silently
- When there is a heart problem the chest pains.
- When there is a lung problem there is cough and breathlessness
- .When there is a liver problem there is jaundice.
- But when there is a kidney problem, there may be no signs or symptomsuntil very late in the disease
IF MY kid has any of these symptoms what should i do ?
CONSULT A CHILD SPECIALIST.
- YOUR DOCTOR MAY ASK FOR SOME TESTS SUCH AS
- URINE EXAMINATION
- BLOOD TEST FOR CREATININE
- SONOGRAPHY FOR THE KIDNEYS
- ADDITIONAL TESTS MAY BE NEEDED TO COME TO A DIAGNOSIS
CAN YOU GUESS WHICH OF THESE KIDS
HAS A KIDNEY PROBLEM??
when do i need to consult a kidney doctor for kids
tHEY ARE KNOWN AS pEDIATRIC nEPHROLOGISTS
If your childs kidney problem lasts for more than 3 months
If your child's blood test showss high creatinine
If your child has an abnormal looking kidney on sonography.